Defective CCFL back-light may has the following symptom:
All these symptoms indicate that the LCD Backlight Lamp (CCFL Lamp)
- Screen flashes on red/pink and goes off.
- Picture stays on in red and slowly be come normal.
- Picture flickering with dim display.
- Picture flickering on and off.
has reached the end of the life and all you need to do is replacing the CCFL Lamp.
- Dark screen may be caused by "Backlight or Inverter", Inverter is much easier to replace & should always be tested first
- Replace with "Known Good Inverter" before attempting Backlight Replacement
- Backlight is Internal part and may result in damage to lcd if not done correctly
Replacement Guide of Notebook LCD
How to replace
Laptop LCD Back-light or CC FL (cold-cathode flourescent lamp)
Warning: It is a must that power is removed from
to avoid electric shock. High voltage of up to
1KV is required to power the CC FL back-light
Step 1: place
of a clean flat mat on the
the table or work area
Step 2: remove
connector from inverter and remove tape that hold the wires and
base of frame.
Step 4: Remove
Step 5: remove aluminum tape and screws
Step 6: perform
step#5 on the
Step 7: remove metal
lower-section of LCD
Step 8: remove lock
that fasten wires
Step 9: loosen the
Step 10: carefully
Bulb w/ cradle assembly
Step 11: unsolder
both terminals and replace bulb
Step 12: Retrace back
until all screws are fastened to the
brackets. At this time you have to test if
properly connected by inserting power plug in the
DC power jack and power up the machine. As soon as you get the
proper video display then power
down the machine and replace the